Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Day Gifts

Yes, it's the time of year when everyone has love in their very googly eyes. Yes, it's the time of year when diamond commercials are hocking their wares with the spin that if you don't treat your beloved to a diamond, then you're not really "in love". Ugh, I say, and gag me with Alpo.

Whether it's your holiday or not - I'm not getting into the repugnancy of this cherished and beloved holiday; it's neither the time nor the place - it's coming like a freight train from hell, and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. So, I, the authorguy who loathes V-Day (ironically, initialled VD), is offering a holiday treat for you and your loved one(s).

Unfortunately it's only for the Richmonders. Sorry to all my fans from around the globe. Of course, I guess you could play...but the prizes are in Richmond.

First and foremost, I think you should give the gift of books. I always have subscribed to this theory and always will. Books are one of the best gifts to give and receive. Incidentally, I have a little book out that would make a wonderful gift for yourself or someone you love. It's called "Naked Metamorphosis", and despite the word "naked" in the title, it's not kinky. It is highbrow humor that has been called witty and whimsical, though.

Speaking of this little gem, it's 9.95 at Amazon and can be added to your cart here: http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Metamorphosis-Eric-Mays/dp/1933929901/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265720130&sr=8-1. Now how can this get any better? Well, if you'd like a little extra oomph to your Valentine's Day offerings, here's what I'll do. The first person to order and email me their confirmation number - I don't want your credit card info, just a sign that you ordered it - to ericm@witty.com, will receive a V-Day package:
  • A 1 night stay for 2 at the brand new Short Pump Hilton
  • A $25 gift certificate at the Aura Day Spa (located in the Short Pump Hilton)
  • And another goodie that I'll mention later...but it's a doozy.

Don't fret. If you're the second in line to email me your confirmation ID, I'll give you a $25 gift certificate to the Aura Day Spa.

So what are you waiting for? I'm giving you free Valentine's goodies all in exchange for a $10 book. Go...order...win!

No comments:

Post a Comment