Monday, April 5, 2010

Rotten Little Animals Day


This is from Kevin Shamel, author of "Rotten Little Animals", which is kind of like an E.B. White book gone horribly awry. It's like Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith got their hands on "Charlotte's Web" and did it their way. Anyway, author Shamel has launched an official holiday for his book. And why not? He can, after all.


This from shamelesscreations.com:

Hi! The following note is long. I understand that you may not want to read it all right away. So here’s the gist of it:
Everything is great with Rotten Little Animals
I’m halfway to my goal
I need your help
Thank you!

Dear Friends,
It’s been almost 6 months since the launch of my first book, ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS. Most likely, if you are reading this, you have been a friend or a fan in some way, so THANK YOU. I greatly appreciate all the support, help, reviews, sales, and all the amazing people I have met through this experience. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
In the past six months, I’ve worked hard to promote ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS, and it’s really been making a difference. So far, I’ve sold over 100 copies on Amazon.com, roughly 40 more on my own, and a number of copies at different conventions. In the past year, I’ve attended Crypticon, BizarroCon, OryCon, and RadCon. Even more exciting is that people are LOVING it. I’ve gotten over 30 reviews at Amazon and rave reviews on my Rotten Little Puppet Show when people see it.
You may already know this, but ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS was published by Eraserhead Press as part of their New Bizarro Author Series. This series gives more new authors a chance to be published. Eraserhead wants to see how dedicated the new authors are, and if they can write books that sell and then actively sell those books. In order to be considered for a five-book deal with Eraserhead, one of the qualifications is that I need to sell a MINIMUM of 200 copies of ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS on Amazon.com in one year to prove I’ve got what it takes. With the current state of the publishing industry, becoming a cult sensation online, and specifically at Amazon, is one of the best ways to establish myself as an author.
As you can see, we are almost halfway through the year and I am about halfway to my goal of selling 200 copies on Amazon.com.
To kick off the second half of this year, I’m declaring April 5, 2010, ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS day. (No, I have absolutely no power to do this. I’m doing it anyway.) On April 5, 2010, ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS will be exactly 6 months old. With your help, I’d like to kick off the second half of the year in a big way, and hopefully easily and quickly make Eraserhead’s initial goal of 200 copies sold. You may ask, How can I help? If you do ask that, there are myriad ways that I’d greatly appreciate:
If you haven’t already, buy the book on or around April 5th on
Amazon.com. (If we can get a number of people purchasing it on the same day, the Amazon algorithms could help to push ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS on to be advertised more by Amazon.)
If you already have a copy of the book, do you have weird friend(s) who might also enjoy a copy? You could purchase it for them or talk them into it.
Fan
ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS on Facebook.
Invite your friends.
Share this note on Facebook, your blog, or anywhere.
Post a link to ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS on Amazon.com on your Facebook or Myspace page. Include a glowing review.
Review ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS on Amazon.com and post that review to your page.
Do you have your own blog? Include a review of ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS on your blog, including the link to Amazon.com.
Do you have any contacts at radio shows, tv shows, or newspapers? I’d love to talk more about ROTTEN LITTLE ANIMALS and Bizarro in general in more venues. Hook me up.
Anything else you can think of to get the word out about my book is WIN!
Let me know what you’ve done so I can thank you personally.
It’s been a fabulous year of dreams coming true for me. Thank you so much for being here with me. But this is just the beginning. There’s still much to do in order for me to ensure my future as a professional author. I truly appreciate any and all help you can give.
THANK YOU!
Have great days,

2 comments: